Graduation day represents everything you’ve worked hard for over the last few years. It can certainly feel like a lot wrapped up into just one day, so it’s important to take the time to properly prepare so that you can relax and enjoy the celebration. It is always best for Toronto graduates to organize their gown rental or purchase and everything that goes along with a graduation gown ahead of time, instead of chaotically running around on the day of the ceremony!
Knowing what to expect on your graduation day will help to ensure that you have positive memories instead of remembering being stressed and running late. You will most likely feel overwhelmed, and that’s okay. Remember to try and be in the moment as you celebrate your achievement; after all, you’ve worked hard for it!
Make Your Graduation Day The Best It Can Be
Hopefully, you organized your graduation gown rental weeks before your actual ceremony. In addition to making sure you’ve got the right convocation attire, there are a few key things to also keep in mind that can make your day much better.
1. Refrain from trying out something new on graduation day. New shoes can hurt your feet, new makeup or lotions can cause skin issues, and a new hair style can be too much to fuss with on the day of the ceremony. There will be so much going on that day, stick to what you know so that you have less to worry about on such a busy and important day.
2. Get a good night’s sleep the night before – you’ll need it. Although graduation day will be an exciting day, it is also a long day. There will be lots of standing and waiting, and lots of listening and conversation. You’ll need to feel well rested to last through the whole day without feeling exhausted.
3. Your attire is more than just your graduation gown. Obviously, your cap and gown are important, but so is choosing the clothing that you will wear underneath. Be sure to check the weather and plan an outfit accordingly, so you aren’t sweating or feeling cold throughout the ceremony. Although most of your graduation suit or dress will be covered, you will still be able to see your pants or nylons, and your shoes. You want to be dressed appropriately, but you’ll also want to be comfortable.
4. Be prepared. You may also want to bring Kleenex, lipstick, a comb, or other small accessories so you can make touch ups throughout the day. You might feel emotional, so having some Kleenex on hand is a smart idea. Choosing pants or a dress with pockets will make bringing along a few things a lot easier.
5. It’s a big day for everyone. While you have certainly done the work needed to reach your graduation day, keep in mind that your parents and family have also invested a lot of time and effort. Indulge them when they ask for multiple photos, ask to meet a professor they’ve heard so much about, or want a final tour of the school you’ve spent the last few years attending. Take pride in their excitement so it’s a great day for everyone.
Need Graduation Gown Rental In Toronto?
Harcourts understands how important graduation day can be and will help ensure that you’ve got the right convocation attire. We’ve been a part of graduation ceremonies for generations, and are proud to offer the highest quality rental robes and accessories, including hoods and mortarboards. You can also purchase complete convocation regalia from us! With our commitment to high level customer service and attentiveness, we’ll do the work for you and get your robes ready for your special day. Contact us to find out more about how we can help.