Is it time to celebrate the graduate in your life? It’s natural to want to give a gift to someone who has worked hard to reach an academic milestone. As you watch your loved one get organized with their graduation gown rental in Toronto, and pick out their graduation suit or dress, you’re most likely brainstorming about what would make the perfect graduation gift.
In general, recent graduates are usually heading into a new and exciting period of life, which tends to come with more responsibilities and needs than they might be financially ready for. In many cases, graduates find practical gifts to be very helpful and appreciated the tangible difference they can make in their new life.
The best graduation gifts range from a thoughtful keepsake to practical luxuries new graduates can’t quite yet afford for themselves. So, when you’re listening to your soon to be graduate prepare for their graduation day by figuring out their convocation gown rental pickup, when they need to arrive at the ceremony, and where to go for dinner afterwards, take the time to also pick their brain about what type of graduation gift would be meaningful to them.
Six Thoughtful And Practical Graduation Gift Ideas
If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration for graduation gifts, we’re sharing a list of items that would be a welcomed addition by just about any new graduate. From sentimental pieces to practical items that they will use every day, this list is sure to help you find the perfect gift.
- Jewelry or cufflinks. These classic pieces will make a great addition to any job interview outfit, and they will also be something that your graduate can keep and wear for many years to come.
- A great watch. A watch can be an investment piece and will help new graduates be on time for all their new responsibilities.
- A really good coffee maker. If the new graduate in your life is a coffee lover, they will certainly feel spoiled if you get them a great coffee maker that they never would have spoiled themselves with.
- An Amazon gift card. What new graduate doesn’t feel strapped for cash? A loaded Amazon gift card will let them buy things they need to get their new life started.
- A piece of art. It will mostly likely be a long time before a new graduate can splurge on a great piece of art for their home. Every time they see the piece, they will be reminded of their great accomplishment.
- A gym membership. Gym memberships aren’t cheap but keeping active is a great way to manage the stress of a new job and also an ideal spot to meet new friends if they are moving to a new city.
A Successful Graduation Starts By Being Prepared
Before you select and give your graduation gift, check in with the soon-to-be graduate and see how they are doing. As much as graduation is an exciting time, it can feel very overwhelming too. If they’re stressed about picking up their convocation gown rental or about the best way to get to the ceremony, ask what you can do to help. Having a helping hand may be just what they need in order to make the process as smooth and stress free as possible.
For those looking for graduation gown rental in Toronto, know that Harcourts offers high quality rental robes and accessories for all types of graduation ceremonies. To find out more about how we can help you, contact us by calling 416.977.4408.